16 Jun Laser Operator
Posted at 19:39h in
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate laser to cut sheet metal parts for fabrication.
- Plan and layout cutting sequence referring to drawings, blueprints, or specifications.
- Load, install and set up required tooling.
- Download proper operating programs and make minor adjustments to meet part specifications.
- Set up diverse types of metal in performing operations.
- Follow standard procedures to cut various products of small, light to average weight to meet close tolerances.
- Regularly inspect parts for conformance with specifications and quality standards.
- Complete accurate daily reports to track job-specific labor hours via computer software.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area following prescribed safety standards.
- Demonstrate correct use of PPE.
- Perform all work duties in a safe, professional, punctual, and efficient manner.
- Performs other related duties/tasks as assigned by floor leader(s) that are of a reasonable request to include mandatory overtime when needed.
- Reports concerns, issues, and shortages to appropriate leader(s) in timely manner.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience operating CNC laser machines in a metal manufacturing environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations and read and record detailed measurements, counts, distances, and times.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player with the ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to interpret specific instructions, diagrams, and blueprints.
- Knowledge of production/quality standards, and assembly procedures/processes.
- Maintain a positive attitude and work well with others.
- 1-3 years of MIG & TIG welding experience, and prior use of various tools/equipment including lathe, mill, drill press, plasma cutter, bandsaw, angle grinders etc. (Preferred).
- Ability to stand at fabrication equipment for 6-8 hours.
- Sufficient hand-arm-eye coordination to guide objects into specific placement or alignment, make intricate connections, and make precise measurements.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull/carry up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent stooping, bending, twisting, squatting, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting above shoulder level.
- Must be able to perform Team Lift to lift/push/pull/carry up to 80 pounds.
- 5% match 401k
- Health and Dental insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Marshall, MN 56258: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person